Top 10 Questions
When Choosing a Dealer
No two dealers are alike. As an independent advisor, you’re looking for an organization that has deep management experience, an inclusive culture and state-of-the art technology and processes. Following is a list of questions you should ask as part of your due diligence process.
- Do you have an experienced transition team?
- At retirement, will you assist me with my succession planning and guarantee the purchase of my practice?
- Do you have a robust and competitive fee-for-service platform?
- Do you support the use of trade names?
- Does your company offer a strong technology platform including:
- Financial planning software
- Asset allocation software
- Personal websites
- Integrated CRM
- Will I have access to tech support for web, email, client data and customer relationship management (CRM)?
- Can my clients view their accounts online?
- Do you offer a share ownership program?
- Is there a system and culture in place for my voice to be heard and acted on?
- Do you offer a transition bonus for appropriate advisors?